Eating healthy(er) doesn’t have to be boring! There is so much flavor packed into this bowl. The mix of spicy and sweet is absolutely delicious!
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cayenne or jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons basil, torn
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dried oregano
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, chopped
- red pepper flakes
- To make the mango salad: Combine the mango, cucumbers, pepper, cilantro, basil, and green onions in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, vinegar, and lime juice. Season with salt. Add the avocado and toss lightly. Sprinkle the sesame seeds overtop.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken with cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until crispy and golden brown on both sides, about 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet melt together the butter, garlic, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Cook until the butter is browning and the garlic crisps.
- Spoon the chicken over a bed of white rice. Pour the garlic chili butter over the chicken and rice. Top with mango salad, sesame seeds, and a lime wedge. Enjoy!