July is National Blueberry Month. Blueberries are in abundance and no better way to use them than in a quick 30 minute blueberry peach tart!
- 1 sheet puffed pastry, thawed for about 20 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or heavy cream, more if needed to achieve desired consistency
- Remove one sheet of puffed pastry from the freezer, thaw for 15-20 minutes at room temperature. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and water. Beat until combined and set aside.
- Thinly slice peaches and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add in the sugar, salt, cinnamon, and cornstarch. Toss well to ensure all peaches and are coated in the cinnamon sugar mix. Set aside.
- Gently unfold the puffed pastry. If it does crack, gently press the tears back together with wet fingers. Place puffed pastry on prepared baking sheet.
- Layer the peaches evenly and very tightly on the puffed pastry, making 3 tidy rows, leaving a 1-inch border around the pastry. Sprinkle the blueberries over the top.
- Lightly brush exposed pastry crust with the egg wash. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden brown, rotating once during baking.
- While the tart bakes, make the glaze. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream. Whisk until smooth, adding more to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over tart right before serving. Serve warm!