Who said nachos have to be boring? These enchilada nachos are PACKED with flavor. The beer chipotle queso sauce is probably one of the best things I have eaten in a long, long time. DELISH!
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper
- 1-10 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 1-4 ounce can chopped green chiles
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- your favorite salsa
- lime wedges
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 cup beer of your choice
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 chipotle chiles from a can, finely diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, browning all over, and breaking up the beef as it cooks. Once the beef is browned, reduce the heat to low. Add salt and pepper, the enchilada sauce, the diced green chiles, and simmer for about 5 minutes or until sauce has reduced.
- Meanwhile, make the queso. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly stir in the beer and milk. Bring to a low boil, reduce the heat, and then simmer until thickened, about 2 minutes. Slowly start adding the cheese, until melted and smooth. Stir in the mustard and chopped chipotles. Season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the nachos, layer the chips, meat, beans, corn, and cheese sauce on a large platter until all of the beef has been used. Top with fresh cilantro, jalapeño, onion, salsa, and a lime wedge.
One thought on “Chipotle Enchilada Nachos”