This is the type of dish that you can crank out and get on your table in less than 30 minutes. Sweet, spicy, and super savory, this Asian basil beef bowl is absolutely delicious and packed with flavor!
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 spicy pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- black pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped for serving
- sesame seeds, for serving
- lime wedges, for serving
- cooked white rice, for serving
- To make the salad, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl. Toss to combine and set aside while you make the beef.
- To make the beef, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook the beef until brown, breaking up as you go, about 5 minutes. Season with black pepper, add the garlic and ginger, then cook for another minute or two. Lower the heat, then add the soy sauce and sweet chili sauce. Let mixture simmer for about 3 more minutes.
- Place rice in bowls and top with beef. Add the salad to the top with chopped basil, a lime wedge, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Enjoy!