These are probably the best cookies I have ever made/eaten in my life. No joke, they are the BEST. They are packed with all of the chocolate, soft, chewy, and the recipe can easily be halved to have your own personal pan of cookies.
- 2-1/2 sticks (20 tablespoons) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Using a mixer, cream together butter and sugar until creamy and fluffy. Scrape the sides. Add eggs one at a time, then mix in the vanilla.
- Sift together the dry ingredients, then add in batches to the mixer being careful not to overmix. Gently blend in the chocolate chips, reserving a few for the tops of the cookies.
- Use a cookie scoop to scoop generous 1 tablespoon portions of dough to the prepared cookie sheets. Push 2-3 chocolate chips to the top of each ball of dough.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10-11 minutes or until cookies are just baked. Don’t overbake! You want the cookies to be soft and chewy.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.