For breakfast, lunch, or dinner — make these hot honey chicken biscuits. These flaky, buttery biscuits are stuffed with crispy fried chicken tenders. They are melt-in-your-mouth delicious and 100x better than any fast food. Drizzle with hot honey and serve with tangy pickles for a Southern comfort food favorite!
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken tenders, or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into 1-inch thick strips
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 large egg + 2 tablespoons water, beaten
- Vegetable, canola or peanut oil, for frying
- Self-Rising Biscuits recipe
- 1 cup honey
- 2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- For the chicken: Fill a large pot with about 2 inches of oil. Set pot to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. In separate large dish, whisk egg and water. Dredge the chicken in the flour, coating well. Shake off excess flour and dip in the egg, then back in the flour. Set aside.
- Check oil temperature (around 365-375 degrees F), or drop in a little bit of flour. If it sizzles, add chicken (2-4 pieces at a time) and fry until golden brown – about 8 to 10 minutes, or so. Cook remaining chicken in batches.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined plate. Set aside.
- Make the biscuits according to the recipe.
- For the hot honey: Add honey and pepper flakes to a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat. Stir in apple cider vinegar.
- Cool to room temperature and use immediately by drizzling over your fried chicken. Or, transfer to a glass container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To assemble: Split biscuits in half. Place a fried chicken piece on top of each half. Drizzle with hot honey. Serve with pickle slices, if desired. Enjoy!
One thought on “Hot Honey Chicken Biscuits”