Though these muffins are technically a fall recipe with the pumpkin and cinnamon, you could make these bad boys anytime of the year. Delicious, soft, and fluffy pumpkin muffins loaded with chocolate chips.. a perfect combination!
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 /2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Toss in the chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients–vegetable oil, granulated sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 5 minutes. Keeping the muffins in the oven, lower the heat to 350ºF and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins can be store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week.