This cookie is a chocolate lover’s dream. An espresso-hinted chocolate chip dough that is swirled with crunchy, toffee bits and dark chocolate chips, each bite is loaded with flavor. The perfect cookie for any occasion!
- 2 sticks (16 tablespoons) butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips + more for topping
- 8 ounces toffee baking bits + more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add in the espresso powder, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Mix on low until there are not any visible streaks of flour. Add in the chocolate chips and toffee bits. Mix until just combined.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop, scoop out the dough onto the prepared baking sheets 2-inches apart. Gently press a couple additional chocolate chips and toffee bits into the tops of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the center of the cookies are set. Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.