These blondies are packed with flavor with the brown butter and bourbon! They’re light, gooey in the center, and have a perfectly crispy shell. They are absolutely delicious and can be whipped up in a flash. What’s not to love?
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup bourbon/whiskey
- 1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare an 8×8-inch baking dish by lining with parchment paper or by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brown the butter. Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Melt butter and cook, stirring often, until the butter has a nutty aroma and turns an amber color. Remove the butter from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once butter has slightly cooled, pour the browned butter to a large mixing bowl. Whisk together the brown butter with brown sugar until smooth. Add egg, vanilla, and salt, continue to whisk until fully combined. Pour in bourbon, mix, and then stir in flour and baking powder. Mix until just incorporated.
- In a small separate bowl, mix the chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon flour. Fold the chocolate chips into the blondie batter. Pour the blondie batter into the prepared pan and smooth. Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow blondies to cool in the pan before removing and cutting into squares. Brown butter bourbon blondies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Enjoy!