I have never met a pasta I didn’t like. I might as well re-brand myself into “The Carb Queen.”
Pasta dishes are one of the staple ingredients in the Brooks’ household. Aric could live without it, yet, me and the boys could eat it 24/7. In the 7 months since Aric has deployed, we have probably eaten our weight, or more, in pasta.
One of mine and my boys’ favorites is chicken alfredo. Not the funky jar stuff, but homemade creamy alfredo sauce, with tons of parmesan cheese, bowtie pasta, and some Cajun-seasoned chicken.
Serve this with a Caesar salad, some garlic bread, and you’re good to go. It’s simple, quick, and an amazing weeknight meal.
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 1 teaspoon Cajun-style seasoning, such as Tony’s
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun-style seasoning, additional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, additional
- 1-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 12 ounces bowtie pasta, cooked al-dente
- dried parsley flakes, for serving
1. Place diced chicken, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and flour in a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
2. Over medium-high heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter and the olive oil in a skillet. Place seasoned chicken in pan and brown on both sides. Once the chicken is fully cooked, remove chicken onto a clean plate. Set aside.
3. In the same skillet, melt 2 more tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add minced garlic and stir around until it is aromatic, but careful to not burn.
4. To the pan the heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and simmer until the mixture has reduced. Once reduced, add the shredded parmesan.
5. After the parmesan has melted, stir in 12 ounces of al-dente bowtie pasta. Stir to coat the pasta thoroughly. Adjust seasoning if needed.
6. To serve, place pasta on a plate or in a bowl, top with chicken, and garnish with parsley flakes.
2 thoughts on “Bowtie Chicken Alfredo”
omg i just made this the other day !
Bowtie pasta always makes the meal fun!