One pan tarragon lemon chicken with asparagus and leeks– all roasted on a sheet pan for a fast and healthy dinner with minimal clean up!
This healthy sheet pan dinner can be made for two, just load up on the veggies and decrease the protein. Sheet pan dinners are so adaptable and are super easy to clean up, especially when you are using parchment paper!
I also can find that tarragon is one of an acquired taste, but I assure you, the mixture of lemon, garlic, and tarragon is one that cannot be beat.
Tarragon Lemon Chicken
Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
In a small bowl, make the marinade. Place the zest and juice of one lemon, garlic, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Mix well until the salt dissolves and add 1/2 of the minced tarragon.
Look at all of this gorgeous-ness!
In a medium-sized bowl, throw in a bunch of washed and stemmed asparagus.
Drizzle 1/3 of the marinade over the asparagus and toss to coat.
Spread the asparagus on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
In the same bowl, place in the sliced leeks.
Drizzle in another 1/3 of the marinade and toss to coat.
Place onto the sheet pan with the asparagus.
Finally, place 4 chicken breasts into the bowl and drizzle on the remaining marinade. Coat thoroughly on both sides.
Place the chicken on the sheet tray.
Zest another lemon over the top of the chicken and veggies.
Slice the lemon that you just zested and toss onto the asparagus pieces.
Bake for 20 minutes and remove from the oven.
Sprinkle the other 1/2 of the minced tarragon over the pan chicken and veggies.
This chicken is PACKED with flavor and is super juicy!
I served with my Garlic Parmesan Rice!
- 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ounce package fresh tarragon leaves, chopped, about 1/4 cup
- 1 large bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 1-2 large leeks, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 4 large, boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 1-1/2 pounds
- Preheat oven to 450ºF. In a small bowl, place the zest of one lemon and its juice. Add the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper, and mix well until the salt dissolves. Add 1/2 of the fresh tarragon, saving the rest for later use.
- Place trimmed asparagus in a bowl and spoon 1/3 of the marinade over the top. Toss to combine and place on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Add leeks to the same bowl, toss with another 1/3 of the marinade, and spread out over the sheet pan, as well.
- Lastly, add the chicken breasts to the bowl with the remaining marinade, coating well. Nestle the chicken amongst the asparagus.
- Zest the second lemon over the whole sheet pan and slice the lemons into rounds, laying them over the asparagus.
- Place in the hot oven and bake for 20 minutes. Chicken should be 160-170ºF.
- Remove from oven and give everything a toss, coating the chicken with all of the yummy juices. Sprinkle with remaining tarragon and serve!
- I served with my Garlic Parmesan Rice.