Want to know one of the best tricks in making a scrumptious cake? A cake mix!
You can doctor-up just about anything with a cake mix as the base. Whether it is a layered cake, a pound cake, or even cookies, try a cake mix!
I promise it will change your life and it is so cheap!
- vegetable oil spray, for misting
- flour, for dusting pan
- 1 package plain white cake mix
- 1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup key lime/lime juice
- 1 lime, zested
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-1/2 tablespoons key lime/lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 6-8 lime slices
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly mist a 12-cup Bundt pan with vegetable oil spray, then dust it with flour. Shake out the excess flour and set the pan aside.
- Place the cake mix, pudding mix, lime juice, lime zest, water, condensed milk, butter, vanilla, and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are incorporated, 30 seconds. Stop the machine and scrape down the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula. Increase the mixer speed and beat until smooth.
- Pour the batter into prepared Bundt pan, smoothing the top. Bake for 47-52 minutes or until top springs back slightly when pressed. Transfer Bundt pan to a wire rack and let cake cool 10-15 minutes.
- Run a knife along the edge slightly, then invert cake onto wire cooling rack while you prepare to make the glaze.
- Glaze: In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, lime juice, and lime zest until smooth.
- Slide cake onto a serving plate and spoon glaze over warm cake. Garnish the cake with whipped cream and lime slices. Slice and serve the cake.
- Store the cake at room temperature in a cake saver for up to one week.