This easy-peasy casserole is everyone’s new favorite in our household. The kids ate it without any complaints (minus the onions) and I was thrilled to only have a couple dishes to wash afterwards.
Lazy enchiladas will become a new permanent meal on our menu and I’m pretty dang happy something so easy is such a big hit.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 large bag tortilla chips
- 1-28 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup salsa of your choice
- 1-32 ounce bag Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté until beef is browned and onions are softened.
- Break up the chips a bit in the bag and pour into the baking dish. Add the ground beef mixture to the chips, pour in the enchilada sauce, salsa, and add all but 2 cups of the cheese.
- Stir the mixture until everything is distributed evenly. Top with the remaining cheese. Bake for 45 minutes or until the cheese is melted and everything is bubbly.
- Serve immediately with sour cream, diced tomatoes, avocado, or jalapenos.