A classic rice dish that is perfect for any occasion, garlic parmesan rice is sure to be a hit at your house, just as it is at ours.
My kids call this “cheesy rice,” which is certainly is. Cheesy. Creamy. Garlicky. Perfect.
Unless you are dieting, in which case, I’m sorry.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- minced fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Melt the butter in a large skillet (that has a lid) over medium heat.
- Add the garlic and rice. Sauté until rice has browned slightly, being careful to not burn the garlic.
- Add water, milk, salt, and stir. Allow rice mixture to boil, reduce heat to low, and cover skillet with lid.
- Let the rice simmer for 18 to 20 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is perfectly cooked. *to prevent the rice from becoming sticky, do not stir the rice while it is cooking.*
- Once the rice is cooked thoroughly, turn off the heat and leave the pan on the burner. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and pour the heavy cream over the rice. Place the lid back on the pan until the cheese has completely melted.
- Stir the cream and cheese into the rice, adding more cream if the rice mixture is too thick. Sprinkle with parsley and serve!
2 thoughts on “Garlic Parmesan Rice”