Oh my goodness, this mixture of a brownie baked into a pie shell is absolute heaven.
Let me tell ya, I don’t know why this creation has not crossed my mind or I have not had this before, but this is absolutely everything I have ever been missing in my life.
Fudge Brownie Pie
In a small saucepan, add in some butter and some unsweetened baking chocolate. Melt until smooth.
Remove from heat and whisk in some granulated sugar until smooth.
Pour chocolate mixture into a bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
Crack in some eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each addition.
Stir in some flour, vanilla, and some salt.
Fold in some semisweet chocolate chip morsels and some pecans, if desired.
Then pour batter into a prepared, unbaked pie crust.
Smooth out with a spatula.
Then bake for at least an hour and a crust has formed on top.
Let cool completely on a wire rack.
When serving, dust with some powdered sugar.
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) salted butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Heat the butter and unsweetened chocolate in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the sugar until smooth. Pour into a medium bowl and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs one at a time, then whisk in the flour, vanilla, and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and pecans (if using) and then pour into pie crust.
- Bake until just set and a crust forms on top, about 1 hour. Remove to wire rack and cool to room temperature.
- Just before serving, dust with some powdered sugar.
- Wrap tightly and keep at room temperature for up to 2 days.