St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner and I wish I was in Dublin, drinking a Guinness and living my life. I mean, we are right down the way from Ireland. Maybe next year?
However, this dip is amazing. Add cheddar, Guinness, and dip it with a pretzel? SIGN ME UP.
Guinness Cheddar Dip
In the bowl of your food processor, combine some cream cheese, cheddar, Dijon mustard, and a couple tablespoons of half and half.
Pulse until smooth. While running, slowly pour Guinness down the feeder and blend until combined.
Add some chopped green onions, minced garlic, and chopped parsley, as well as some salt and pepper.
Blend until thoroughly mixed. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill for at least one hour prior to serving.
Top with sliced green onions and parsley.
Serve with a pretzel and then imagine you are in Dublin on St. Patty’s.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1/4 cup Guinness beer
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In the bowl of a blender or food processor, combine the cream cheese, cheddar, mustard, and half and half. Pulse until smooth.
- With the blender or food processor running, slowly pour the Guinness down the feeder and blend until combined.
- Add the green onions, garlic, parsley, and salt and pepper. Blend thoroughly until mixed. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and chill for at least one hour prior to serving.
- Top with scallions and parsley. Serve with a pretzel or crackers.