Have you ever had elotes Mexican corn? Well, it is absolutely delicious if you haven’t!
This version is corn in a cup and can be eaten as a side dish or as a dip.
The addition of Flaming Hot Cheetos on the top is such an amazing bonus!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound frozen corn
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- crushed Flaming Hot Cheetos, optional
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add corn to the skillet, cooking until corn is cooked through and tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise, sour cream, chili powder, and 1/4 cup of the cotija cheese. Stir to combine and melt cheese.
- Remove from heat and spoon into bowls to serve.
- Top corn with chopped cilantro, remaining 1/4 cup of cotija cheese, crushed Cheetos, and a lime wedge.
- Serve as a dip or as a side dish. Elotes corn is best eaten right away. Enjoy!