Being a good ole southern girl, we love our casseroles. Any baked item covered in cheese, count me in!
This chicken tetrazzini is so yummy, so creamy, and screams comfort food. My kids love this recipe and it is so easy! It also reheats very well. What’s not to love?
Try it and find out.
You probably already have most of the ingredients in your pantry and refrigerator. You will need pasta, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, butter, mozzarella and parmesan, pasta, chicken, and chicken broth.
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of softened butter, 1 cup of sour cream, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Stir until smooth and combined.
2. Add in 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and diced, with 1/2 cup of chicken broth. Stir until completely combined.
3. Add 8 ounces of cooked pasta to the mixture. (Preferably spaghetti, linguine, or fettucine.) Toss pasta until it is coated completely.
4. In a baking dish coated with cooking spray, place pasta inside and spread evenly. Top with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella and 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan. Put in a 400ºF oven for 30 minutes or until the top is browned and the mixture is bubbling.
5. Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes before serving. I typically serve with broccoli or green beans with a slice of garlic bread!
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 8 ounces pasta cooked, al dente
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir in chicken, chicken broth, and pasta.
- Place chicken mixture in a greased baking dish, top with cheeses, and bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!