This is probably one of my new favorite meals. Extremely easy and a perfectly light and flavorful meal.
My kids loved it, I loved it, and this Hawaiian chicken is best served over a coconut rice and roasted rainbow carrots.
Plus, this is just a darn good looking plate of food.
In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, honey, and oil to create a marinade for the chicken.
Add chicken and the marinade into a plastic resealable bag. Smash the bag around to ensure all of the chicken is coated. Marinate for at least 1 hour but up to 24 hours.
Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
Remove chicken to a bowl and set aside.
Without cleaning the pan, grill some pineapple rings.
Make sure to get some grill marks on both sides. Dice pineapple up and toss with the chicken.
Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice and sprinkle with fresh parsley.
So packed full of flavors!
For the chicken
- 1-1/2 lbs sliced chicken tenderloins
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can sliced pineapple rings
For the coconut rice
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 can water (from coconut milk can)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- For the chicken: In a food processor or blender, blend pineapple juice, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic, honey, and oil. Add the chicken and marinade into a plastic resealable bag. Mix well to ensure all of the chicken is covered with marinade. Marinate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken to a bowl and set aside.
- In the same grill pan, without cleaning, grill pineapple slices on both sides, diced, and add to the bowl of chicken.
- For the rice: meanwhile, make the coconut rice. In a medium-sized pot, bring rice, coconut milk, water, and salt to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low heat, and cook for 17-20 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat.
- Serve chicken and pineapple on a bed of coconut rice and sprinkle with fresh parsley.