I have eaten this orange vanilla monkey bread more times than I am proud of during this quarantine.
It is a good thing too, because I have had plenty of help eating this bad boy. The kids and Aric love this monkey bread, as well.
This recipe is beyond easy and a great dish to put into the center of the table for everyone to gather around.
- 3 cans (7.5 ounce) buttermilk biscuits, very cold
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole oranges, zested
- 1 dash salt
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Open all the cans of biscuits and cut the biscuits into quarters.
- Fill a large bowl with a lid (or bag) with the granulated sugar, the orange zest, and the salt.
- Close the bowl and shake the mixture around until the sugar and zest are totally combined. Add the biscuits to the bowl, and shake it until the pieces are coated in the orange sugar.
- Pour the pieces into a Bundt or tube pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, melt the butter then stir in the brown sugar, and vanilla until just combined. Pour the mixture all over the biscuit pieces, scraping the pan to get all of the brown sugar mixture out there..
- Let it settle for a second, then place the pan in the oven. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top of the biscuits are golden brown. Remove the pan from the oven and set on a rack.
- Let it cool for 10 minutes, but no more than 15 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a plate. It will be extremely hot, wait a few minutes after turning it out before serving.
Orange Monkey Bread
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
In a large resealable bag or bowl with a lid, add some granulated sugar, a ton of orange zest, and some salt. Place the lid on and shake it around until the zest and the sugar are totally combined.
Open all of the cans of biscuits and cut them into quarters. Add the biscuit pieces to the bowl.
Close the bowl and shake around until all the biscuit pieces are totally covered in sugar. You may have to do this in two batches.
Pour the biscuit pieces into a Bundt or tube pan and set aside.
In a medium-sized pan over medium heat, melt some butter and brown sugar. Stir the vanilla into the mixture.
Pour the brown sugar mixture over the biscuit pieces, scraping the pan to get all of the brown sugar into the pan.
Let settle for a second and then place in the oven.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops of the biscuits are golden brown.
Let the biscuits cool for 10 minutes, but no more than 15 minutes, inside the pan.
Turn it out of the pan and onto a plate.
The bread will be extremely hot. Wait a few minutes after turning it out and serving.