You know those little rice paper spring rolls? They are so amazingly good, one of the many things I miss about living in the PNW. There were little shops all over the place that you could grab these things to go. To go with our healthy-eating month of July, I decided to recreate the spring rolls in a deconstructed form. Absolutely delicious!
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 3 carrots, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cucumber, thinly chopped
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 8 ounces rice noodles, cooked to package directions
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- crushed peanuts, for serving
- limes, for serving
Spicy Peanut Dressing
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chili garlic sauce or sriracha
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots, green onion, cilantro, basil, cucumbers, jalapeños, and mango.
- To make the dressing, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili garlic sauce, honey, lime juice, and ginger in a food processor. Blend until smooth and add water, as needed, to thin.
- Pour 1/2 of the dressing over the cabbage salad and toss to combine. Divide the salad between bowls. Top each bowl with noodles, chicken, avocado, a lime wedge, and more fresh herbs, if desired. Drizzle over more dressing and enjoy!